God's Mercy

 

 201,526 Cats Stock Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime

 I can't say I love cats. I would lie. Last week a neighbor's cat decided to invade my house. Out of no where. She managed to give birth to three beautiful kittens in one of the rooms in my house. Without my consent. 

I was alerted of their presence by their whining. Cries of hunger. Cries of desperation. My little daughters were amazed. They were so much elated shouting shouts of joy. My daughters shouted in unison claiming they have won the battle between me and them. The battle of owning cats as pets.Their dad was not left behind he was too was euphoric by the presence of the kittens in the house. And of-course his daughters happiness was infectious. At least on him.

I was helpless, though i threatened to throw them out. I felt mercy on the helpless kittens. I could not find the guts to touch them with bare hands leave alone to throw them out. But i was not amused nor happy with their presence in my house.

When the mother arrived amidst the confusion, she was not happy. Not at all. Our presence in her 'nursing room' made her anxious, angry and confused.  She started hissing on us. Sensing my more escalated anger she started rubbing her body on my husband's legs. He bent down and caressed her back with his hands, in assurance.

The following day when the girls went to check on their 'newly found friends', they were no where to be found. Their mother had transferred them to a safer cocoon. Little did we know, she had only transferred them to another empty room. We opted not to disturb her again and agreed to give the mother cat a conducive environment to raise her kids comfortably.

This whole scenario reminded me of the mercy of God towards me. He shows me mercy. Mercy that I did not deserve. Mercy I did not merit to receive because when I was still a sinner Christ died for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Storm with Jesus

Biblical Forgiveness #1

All i Need